Skip to main content

A trip through Google images

I stole this from Scott's blog, who got it from someone else. I found it entertaining so I decided to repost it here.

Instructions
: Use the picture you like best from the first (no clicking around for 44 pages) page of the search results on Google Image, and then answer the following questions.

1. The city and state of the town you grew
up, no quotation marks.













Ah West Plains Missouri. Small town at it's finest.

2. The town where you currently reside.













Columbia, MO lies between St. Louis and Kansas City on I-70. It is the home of the University of Missouri Tigers, the famous Broadway Diner, open 11 p.m. to 11 a.m., and the recently released Quinn Snyder.

3. Your name, first and last, no quotation marks
















You may think that I'm a Beatles fan for posting this. I like the Beatles, but really I post this because my dad was a sargeant in the army. That's right, Sargeant Peppers.

4. Your grandmother's name

Willa Ottersbach didn't turn anything up, so I went with Willa. It looks like Willa is a fearsome RPG game character, from what I found.

5. Your favorite food















This is what I call the feast of a king.

6. Your favorite drink












It does a body good. Strong teeth and bones.

7. Your favorite smell













The smell of the woods in the spring, with a crackling cedar campfire. The smell of the earth, especially after a rainstorm.

8. Your favorite song

























I like to hum or sing hymns to myself. This is one I sing pretty dang often.

Popular posts from this blog

Of Mice and Midbrains

It's just after 2 p.m., I've turned in my exam, but still have to wait around until 3:30 to do a 20 point section on neuroanatomy cross sections. I feel pretty good about the exam, I studied like crazy and I think it's all finally paid off. I should be studying cross sections, but I decided killing time was far more worth my while. And it lets me find really interesting stuff, such as this MC Hammer music video online. Since I'm just finishing a block on neurology, my first thought when watching Master Hammer dance was that he had bilateral hemiballismus , which is a problem caused by a lesion to the subthalamic nucleus in the brainstem. People with hemibalism tend to have wild erratic flailing movements because they've lost a part of the brainstem that helps suppress random movements. Is Hammer a medical case? You decide... In other news, I am flying out of Kansas City to head to Guatemala , for a one week medical mission. I'll spend four days working in a cli...

I'm Getting Published!

SERUM MARKERS OF INFLAMMATION AND ENDOTHELIAL FUNCTION ARE ELEVATED BY HORMONAL CONTRACEPTIVE USE BUT NOT BY EXERCISE-ASSOCIATED MENSTRUAL DISORDERS IN PHYSICALLY ACTIVE YOUNG WOMEN Hinton PS, Rector RS, Peppers JE, Imhoff RD, Hillman LS Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Missouri-Columbia, USA You can index me in PubMed after June 2006.

Circumstance, Coincidence

Lately, I've been thinking about Tyler. His desk chair and his electric razor are two things of his that I kept (many people who knew him took items that belonged to him, to put them to use instead of going to trash and to remember him by). Sitting in what was once his chair, I can "visit" with him, in a sense. I know others who knew him are doing the same when they look at pictures, or what they kept of his. "You are the salt of the earth. Buf if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." --- Jesus, Matthew 5:13-16 This was the foundation for my fri...