Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Summer Daze

I'm in a halt with research lately, since there are no more subjects I can currently gather data on. Why is that bad? Because I start class in the second week of August, and because I'm not even halfway to finished with this research project. Why can't my research move forward? It's because the billing department's wonderful worker who's been helping us has not been able to find subjects using the search method she is employing. Also, she's a tad slow in getting work done and to us in a timely manner.

In other news, my grandparents came to visit on Friday of last week. I love my grandparents with a passion. Age has definately awarded them wisdom. It has also awarded them humor. The highlights:
  • Grandma: "Want to go in that Lakota place and get some coffee?" Grandpa: "We can't go in there, we're not carrying laptops!"
  • "Those fancy coffeeshops don't have senior coffee. I can get one for $.50 at McDonald's" - Grandpa
  • "My hair's not doing what I want it to do. It's the shampoo's fault" - Grandma
  • "You used to be a really good parallel parker." Grandma, to Grandpa
  • "Hon, I want some ice cream." - Grandma
  • "Don't ever put others up to standards you set. At least, don't tell them you do, haha." - Grandma